Learn to make (and keep) yourself happy
Self-fulfillment isn’t a foreign concept, especially in modern society. More often than not, living life in the fast lane casts wide clouds of confusion and restlessness among people. Once they realize they’re losing themselves, they start looking for ways to fill their personal gaps.
This concept isn’t tangible. You may try looking for it in material possessions, but you’ll just be led to nowhere. To make your search for self-fulfillment easier, remember that it is a mind-set reflected on happiness and contentment.
A self-fulfilling journey may be difficult, but it’s not impossible. As you work on accomplishing it, ponder on a few important points:
- Surround yourself with a positive environment. If you find your happiness being sucked out by negative parties or forces, perhaps it’s time for you to grow out and connect with positive ones.
- Aim high. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to accomplish goals, whether personal or professional. Just make sure they’re attainable and realistic.
- Cut yourself some slack. It’s okay to celebrate even the smallest victories from time to time.
- Maintain self-awareness. You are responsible for your actions and decisions. Call yourself out for your mistakes before someone else does.
- Take the driver’s seat in your life. Instead of depending on other people for your happiness, learn to give it to yourself.
- Lend a helping hand. Sharing what you have will not only bring them happiness, but it’ll add to yours too.
- Learn to love yourself. Although it’s good to help out other people, it’s also important to look out for yourself.
May these pointers help you as you strive toward self-fulfillment. I’d be happy to entertain your questions, suggestions, or thoughts. Just leave them on the comment box below or send them over on Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads. If you’re curious about my self-fulfilling journey, you may want to read my book, She Is a Pearl of Great Price.
Farrell, Jamie. 2011. “Balance? No Thanks. 30 Ideas for Self-Fulfillment.” Forbes. March 3. Accessed October 17, 2018. https://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2011/03/03/balance-no-thanks-30-ideas-for-self-fulfillment/#6cfdabef65b1.
Brian Tracy International. n.d. “7 Steps to Self-Fulfillment.” Accessed October 17, 2018. https://www.briantracy.com/blog/personal-success/self-fulfillment/.